February 25, 2018, 03:01:10 PM

Author Topic: Has anyone read becoming sistewives?  (Read 2150 times)

Offline Missmyluv082

• View Profile
Has anyone read becoming sistewives?
« on: July 01, 2012, 01:36:31 AM »
I was thinking about getting it and wonder if any of you have read it or are currently reading it?

Offline Natja

• View Profile
    • A Polyglot
Re: Has anyone read becoming sistewives?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 04:58:41 AM »
Not yet, it is on my Amazon though, I really want it but it seems a bit self indulgent at the moment.

Natja
Наталья

Offline Administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poly Living
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 06:41:35 PM »
No, I haven't read it yet either.
Reaching others with the polymindset more and more everyday!

Offline Natja

• View Profile
    • A Polyglot
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 03:15:26 AM »
Ok read it now! (Thanks to Kester again, for buying it as an anniversary gift).

Once I started I could not put it down, it was easy to read too, set out in chapters like before marriage, marrying Kody and becoming public. 

An interesting thing about the book is the little background information about the filming, for example, a infamous couch disagreement is explained further, making you aware of one persons inner turmoil.
Also, finding out about everyone's background in depth was interesting.

I think every person who wants to be Poly but is not yet should definitely read it, almost every single problem that arises in a new Poly household goes through is examined and for all those wistful newbies who came into Poly from watching the show they can, at least see exactly how much work went into making that relationship work and how much damage was actually done which may not actually be repairable. 

At the end of the day, the book demystifies the Brown adults and brings their humanity back home and makes you aware that carefully edited footage that made something look like a five minute tiff was actually three days of possibly painful, emotional upset to the whole family.

I really do hope new folks read it and come into Poly with a more realistic expectation of how things will pan out.

Natja
Наталья

Facebook Comments