November 23, 2017, 06:32:04 AM

Author Topic: UPDATE: A new home in Florida!  (Read 2338 times)

Offline Bud

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
UPDATE: A new home in Florida!
« on: April 05, 2013, 05:17:35 AM »
Hello All!

Probably few of you know we have had a rough past 2 years, not having a place of our own as we have been doing live in care giving 24/7/365.  My mother, 2 friends in Alabama, my mother again, and finally Dee's stepmom; it has been rough.  Dee actually came to Florida last winter to help care for her stepmom after she had had back surgery.  Prior to leaving Michigan for Florida, she discussed moving to Florida.  She'd come down first, I'd stay at mom's with the dogs and once she found a job and a place to live, I'd come down.  I think it was 3 long months, what with stepmom recouping, and Dee job hunting once she actually had time to do it.  She found a sucky job, but accepted the position and stuck it out until she got hired for a great job.  She went from alot of hard physical labor as a housekeeping manager for a large motel here to an office manager job.  She had been working 70-80 hours a week, often with no days off or just a day here & there.  Now she has every Fri, Sat & Sun off!  It is good to see my wife again and spend time with her.

She found us a cute little house, barely big enough for the two of us, so little upkeep here.  We live out in the country but only 8 miles from town, either way we go.  We have wonderful neighbors and great landlord/landlady.  Twice a week some of the neighborhood goes out to eat for breakfast (Wed & Sun)  The other days, someone host coffee at their home at 10am....very friendly, look out for one another, close knit commnity.  It is good to have our own place again.  Though it is a small house, we may end up buying it down the road...neither of us want to move again!

Just wanted to give everyone an update and feel free to update here also.  Would love to know what everyone has been up to!  I've only been here 3 weeks and still getting settled in to a routine, but I will be here more often now.

Don't miss the cold & blustery weather in Michigan at all!

Best Wishes to All!

Bud

Offline Natja

• View Profile
    • A Polyglot
Re: UPDATE: A new home in Florida!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 07:30:57 AM »
Hey!!  I am so happy to hear you have settled in Florida, all my family are in the State so despite the awful humidity ;) I do have a soft spot for the place, even if I personally would not like to live there myself (too hot, too hot!!!).

I wish you both the best in your new home.

Natja
x
Наталья

Offline Deorccwen

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • A PolyGlot
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 08:01:56 AM »
Oh Bud, how wonderful for you and Dee!  I've often wondered how you both cope.  I'm so glad you have a home of your own again, and that Dee no longer has to work insane hours.  Long may it continue!  My love to you both.
For everything that lives is holy, life delights in life.
William Blake (1757 - 1827)

Offline Administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poly Living
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 03:59:37 PM »
Bud,

We are glad to hear that  Dee and you have settled into your new home  and have time together now that she has a great job. Congrats!  We are happy for you.

Blessings.
Reaching others with the polymindset more and more everyday!

Facebook Comments