July 22, 2017, 11:41:28 PM

Author Topic: Finances  (Read 2412 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poly Living
Finances
« on: April 28, 2012, 09:47:46 PM »
There are many different ways to handle finances.  I have heard of families that assign certain bills to each person.  After they pay the bills, what ever money left over is their own.  Other families put all the money together and one person pays  all the bills and distribute money to others as necessary. 

In a polyamorous family, there are different ways to handle bills.  Here's what we do:

Each adult has their own account with a bank card in their name.  There is another account that is considered the "Bill Account".  Everyone has their paychecks deposited into the Bill Account.  All bills are paid from that account according to the budget that is agreed upon by everyone.  After all bills are paid (which also includes medical expenses, food, car gas) the remainder is evenly distributed among the family.  Some pay periods may see where the adults have to take less money because an emergency came up (illness, child school trip, ect.).

I know our way isn't the only way.  I don't claim it is the best way, but it works for us.  What ideas or methods do you use?

Admin

Offline Jennelynn

• Be the change you want to see!
    • View Profile
    • Polyhearts Blog
Re: Finances
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 02:53:30 AM »
We also are all in with our money.  We each try to take an allowance of 75.00 every other payday, but when money is tight, we take less or none at all.  If we are all saving for something like a vacation we may also take less.  For the most part our husband manages the budget, we talk every week just before payday about what needs to be paid and what our budget looks like.  That helps me because I plan the menu and the shopping lists.  Shopping day is something the three of us do together which is nice. 
http://polyhearts.blogspot.com

"He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life." -Muhammad Ali

Offline Administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poly Living
Re: Finances
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 12:18:53 AM »
I know some families divy up the bills amongst the ones who work.  Each person then becomes responsible for certain bills.
Reaching others with the polymindset more and more everyday!

Facebook Comments