August 17, 2017, 02:46:42 AM

Author Topic: What do women want?  (Read 2352 times)

Offline Deorccwen

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • A PolyGlot
What do women want?
« on: September 29, 2013, 05:08:10 AM »
I read an interesting book recently: What Do Women Want? Adventures in the Science of Female Desire by Daniel Bergner, and thought others on the forum might enjoy it, too.  It is what it says on the tin, which is to say, it is an overview of the scientific studies so far on the nature of female desire.  It's by no means as dry as it sounds, and I found it very interesting and readable.  There are lots of anecdotes to lighten the science and I found I read it very quickly and without feeling challenged.

One of the reasons I found it particularly interesting, I think, is because it demonstrates a biological basis for NRE, which is familiar to poly people everywhere.  It shows a scientific reason for caution before committing to a long-term relationship, and certainly before making any life-changes based upon a new relationship.  Another interesting part was how western culture works against the nature of female desire, resulting in a high proportion of women who believe they have a low libido, but whose libido is actually perfectly healthy and may even be higher than most men's, under other circumstances.

I'd be interested to know what others think of this book. 
For everything that lives is holy, life delights in life.
William Blake (1757 - 1827)

Facebook Comments