September 22, 2019, 04:54:02 AM

Author Topic: Love more  (Read 2512 times)

Offline Administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poly Living
Love more
« on: November 11, 2012, 02:09:59 AM »

What do you think about this statement?
Reaching others with the polymindset more and more everyday!

Offline Natja

• View Profile
    • A Polyglot
Re: Love more
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 08:55:48 AM »
Like a lot of what Mystic Life writes, I find his work a little too woo-woo and overly idealistic. I don't think it very reasonable for any adult to expect unconditional love, AFAIAC, you "may" get that from a parent, but....that is about it, almost all relationships in life are give and take, with certain conditions, those conditions can be as obvious as providing, affection, support, kindness and security, but they are still conditions, if they are not met, than the relationship will suffer and love can be eroded, whereas I know I could not provide hardly any of  those things to my mother for example and yet she would still love me! THAT is unconditional love (the same can, of course be said to how I feel about my own child).
The condition that we should love one and only one, is a far cry from 'unconditional love' and I feel it is to his detriment that ML does not make that distinction. I can't fault the sentiment of the latter part, but the statement as a whole is flawed because he tries to be too clever.

Natja
Наталья

Offline Administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poly Living
Re: Love more
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 08:01:08 PM »
Natja,

I agree with you.  I, as a mother, feel unconditional love for my children, but as a partner, conditions exist to which I could not stay with a partner. 
Reaching others with the polymindset more and more everyday!

Facebook Comments