November 19, 2018, 10:23:18 AM

Author Topic: Potential wants alone time and attention with hubby?  (Read 2928 times)

Offline Dreamgyrl360

• View Profile
    • Coarse: A Blog
Potential wants alone time and attention with hubby?
« on: May 21, 2012, 09:39:20 AM »
Okay this is hypothetical as well --

The potential is vibing with the hubby but is not necessarily feeling the idea of sharing him. She thinks having more alone time with him (for him to "convince" and "educate" her)  will make her like the idea more.

Should this be allowed? Why or why not?

Offline Natja

• View Profile
    • A Polyglot
Re: Potential wants alone time and attention with hubby?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 01:54:43 PM »
Well yes it should be allowed, if only to convince that she may have a choice as to whether she wants to be in a relationship or not, but not a choice as to his personal pre-existing relationships.
I think it is perfectly acceptable for a woman to say, 'I don't wish to share my life with this woman but I still want you' but it is not acceptable to say 'I don't want to share you with that woman'
If you want a single man, find one.

Natja
Наталья

Offline Administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poly Living
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 09:59:40 PM »
If she doesn't want to share him, I agree with Natja, she needs to find a single man.
Reaching others with the polymindset more and more everyday!

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poly Living
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 10:28:51 PM »
Let's make sure I got this right. A potential is not sure she likes the idea of sharing.  So she wants to spend more alone time with hubby to get use to the idea of sharing?  How does that help her feel like sharing?  It sounds like she is into the hubby and wants more time with him alone.  A person entering into a polyamory relationship needs to be able to be open to sharing before they pursue a relationship with anyone else.

Offline DeeDee

• Global Moderator
  • Howdy!
    • View Profile
    • Older and Weiser
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 02:21:20 PM »
If she doesn't want to share, than she really isn't of the poly mindset, is she? She sounds like she is trying to put a wedge between the husband and wife. Alone time is fine; exclusivity is not.

Facebook Comments