October 21, 2018, 04:57:05 AM

Author Topic: On Being Poly  (Read 2950 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poly Living
On Being Poly
« on: March 17, 2013, 06:19:02 PM »
Being poly is not easy. 

I know...I've been poly 15 years.  I love my spice.  In that time we have had many ups and downs.  Sadly, for us, many of our issues would not have occurred if people didn't try to control our lives.  We had so much added stress from people trying to take our kids, separate us, jail us and more,  that smaller issues...issues we should have worked through easily weren't so easy.

We were new.  We had no no conception of what being poly was.  Jealousy, fear and confusion were part of our lives.  So we learned...the hard way...trial and error.  We're still learning. 

It's funny.  After 15 years you would think we would know what we needed but that's not true.  As we learned, we changed.  With each joy, each hardship we learned...and changed. 

I am not the same person I was 15 years ago.  Hell, I'm not the same person I was last year.  I don't say that flippantly.  So much has happened that I can not help but change my views, perspectives and beliefs.  Am I better?  Worse? 

I am me.  That's who I know now.  Me in the here and now. 

I am me...polyamorous and prepared to face my future.

Offline Deorccwen

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • A PolyGlot
Re: On Being Poly
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 06:18:38 AM »
((hugs))
For everything that lives is holy, life delights in life.
William Blake (1757 - 1827)

Offline Natja

• View Profile
    • A Polyglot
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 04:31:49 PM »
I hear you, funnily enough I said something similar very recently, you grow, you change, you learn and this learning is constant, even when you think you know what you want and you have it all sorted, the great big Pride monster turns up and shows you that you don't really know anything at all and then you have to step back and reassess. 

The only thing we can aim for is to be more authentic and better people from our experiences rather than repeating old destructive cycles of behaviour.

Natja
x
Наталья

Offline Administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poly Living
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 07:49:56 PM »
Poly is definitely one of those types of relationships that changes and challenges you. 
Reaching others with the polymindset more and more everyday!

Facebook Comments