August 15, 2018, 11:55:11 AM

Author Topic: Missing everyone!  (Read 7787 times)

Offline Bud

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Missing everyone!
« on: September 09, 2012, 12:54:20 PM »
Hello Everyone!

Where are you?  I am missing all the great posts and banter here on the board!  I know alot of people have been busy on other poly-related sites and projects.  If you happen to check in, say "Hi" here and let us know what you've been up to.  I check the board several times daily to see if there are some new people or new posts and I hate to say, that for some time, we have had more SPAM than anything else.   :-[

Natja started a great new topic, http://polyliving.net/forum/index.php?topic=176.msg405#new and we could use some more input here to really get it rolling.  Thanks Natja!

DeeDee has completed a "factually fictitious" book on a newly formed poly family.  Maybe I am biased, but I think it is a good read.  http://polyliving.net/forum/index.php?topic=172.msg396#new

As for myself, what have I been up to?  Just trying to hold things together.  Since ES's passing, we have not been actively poly, so I feel very "unqualified" to discuss poly at this time.  I did share a funny video that addresses some serious poly miscomceptions http://polyliving.net/forum/index.php?topic=29.msg409#new, though. 

So, I encourage others who visit to post questions, start new topics, share experiences and I PROMISE I'll jump on the band wagon!  It is so lonely here lately and I feel all alone.  :'(

Maybe if I just start talking to myself here, someone might join the conversation!

Best Wishes and Love to Y'all!

Bud

Offline Deorccwen

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • A PolyGlot
Re: Missing everyone!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 11:07:17 AM »
Missing you too, Bud!  Summer is an insanely busy time for us, so I haven't been on the board as much as usual.  Plus, the council is considering closing the secondary department of our local school, which would mean my two eldest would have a nearly 3-hour round-trip commute to school, including a ferry crossing.  I think they must be mad: loads of adults wouldn't commute that distance for work!  Anyway, I've been trying to battle that as best I can, and convince them that it doesn't make sense economically.

Not being currently poly doesn't mean you're unqualified to comment: you have had experience of poly, and so you have much to offer.  ((hugs))
For everything that lives is holy, life delights in life.
William Blake (1757 - 1827)

Offline Bud

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 08:19:54 AM »
Good Morning Deorccwen!

Yes everyone is always busier in the summer, so I look for things to pick up around here this winter.  So sorry to hear of the school situation; I just can't imagine a 3 hour round trip to school for any kids (not to mention a ferry crossing to boot!)  You are quite grounded, educated and extremely well spoken...may your words of common sense and wisdom not fall on deaf ears!  We will be thinking of you and your family.  When you get a chance,let us know how the situation worked out.

Thanks for the hugs & kind words, also....you made my day!

Best Wishes,

Bud

Offline Bud

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Update on Tam Babs
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 08:28:58 AM »
Hi All,

I got a short email from TamBabs and she has been working 12 hour shifts, 4-5 days a week, for months now.  She just wanted to touch base and let everyone know this will be changing and she hopes to be back to the board soon.  She also wanted me to say hi to everyone for her. 

Let's keep one another in our thoughts and prayers.  Summer time can be so busy we lose touch with people, but we all can still benefit from that positive energy being sent out to us!

Be Well All!

Bud

Offline Deorccwen

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • A PolyGlot
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 04:28:53 PM »
Thank you so much for your kind words, Bud!

The school is saved!  For now, at least.  I don't flatter myself that it was my words alone that got through to them though: a lot of people were working on this. 

Honestly, I don't blame them for wanting to cut costs: my eldest is in a year-group of 4 (including herself) and has a couple of elective classes entirely to herself.  And, of course, they have to pay her subject teachers the same amount when they teach just her as they would if they were teaching classes of 28.  So I do understand their point of view.  It works very well for her, though, as she has Aspergers and finds it hard to concentrate in classes with other kids: the more kids, the harder it is for her.  She's certainly benefiting educationally from the 1-1 attention.  I think they probably need to investigate video-linking for some classes, though, if they need to cut costs, rather than long commutes for the kids.

I'll be away again from Monday morning to Thursday night as I have hospital appointments on Tuesday and Wednesday in our nearest city, which is over 300 miles and 3 ferry crossings away: about 20 hours each way.  Still, it's totally worth it to me to live where I live: I'd never want to live in a town or city again (I'm such a hick!).

Offline Bud

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 02:07:07 PM »
Hi Deorccwen!

Yay, the school is saved!  Such wonderful news.  I hope they do look at other alternatives for cutting costs...I just can not imagine such long commutes for the kids, especially prior to and after classes.  Makes my 1/2 hour bus ride when I was a kid seem like nothing! 

That is great that your daughter is getting the one on one attention for at least a couple of her classes.  I recall taking an elective in high school (Zoology) and I just had to report to the teacher daily to turn in my research and report....I had a daily report due of some length, but got to spend my time in the library doing the research and writing.  I absolutely loved it!  It wasn't so much one on one with the teacher as it was working independently, for me.

We also prefer country living (we are hicks, rednecks, hillbillies, and whatever else people call country folk!)  Right now we are living in a small town but on a very quiet dead end street.  Weare hoping to only have to do one more winter here and then be financially able to move South again.

We will keep you in our thoughts in regards to doctor's appointments...what a long way to have to travel!  My furtherest doctor appointment is maybe 30 miinutes and that is enough for me!  Take care and be safe in your travels!

Offline Deorccwen

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • A PolyGlot
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 03:52:00 PM »
Thanks very much, Bud.  I hope you manage to move somewhere you that suits you better soon.

Offline Natja

• View Profile
    • A Polyglot
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 02:49:40 AM »
I am sorry I have been so incommunicado also.  I am quite busy childminding my niece for the next six weeks until her 2nd birthday whilst my sister attends University.  She is such a sweet toddler but at the moment it is taking every little reserve of energy I have.

As Deorccwen is revelling in the country life, I have been enjoying the convenience of the city, especially at this particular trying time.  My doctor is at one end of my building and the supermarket is on the other....bliss.

I am very well and happy, just tired and not feeling all that imaginative with regards to Poly issues at the moment, hence my lack of posting.  Can't for the life of me think up a good ethical scenario or Poly question or anything....my brain is currently in 'mush' drive, you lot may have to just bear with me for a while.... ;)

Наталья

Offline Bud

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 05:22:56 AM »
Hi Natja,

Was good to hear from you!  I do not envy you the task of caring for such a young child...I know how much energy that can take.  I do applaud you, though, for being such a wonderful Aunt(ie).  I always enjoyed the time I got to spend with my nephew when he was young.  He is now a grown man and I cherish the memories I have of his childhood.

Yes, the luxeries of city life...I personally would still prefer a bit of a drive to the doctor's office or the local shopping center.  I am a country boy at heart and do not enjoy visiting the city at all.  Much to do with my bipolar, way too much stimulation for the senses for me.  I am happy to hear you are enjoying the conveniences of the city life, though.  It must be a nice change of pace for you.

Wishing you well,

Bud

Offline Administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poly Living
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2012, 06:48:41 PM »
Hi,

Sorry I haven't been on much myself. Work has kept me extremely busy, but I am finally getting use to all the changes.  Plus, we've had some life altering changes ourselves, but we are adjusting.

Glad to be back,

Steady
Reaching others with the polymindset more and more everyday!

Offline Bud

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2012, 10:03:29 PM »
Hi Steady,

Hope you & yours are all well and things are coming together for y'all.  We think of you often.

Glad you were able to stop in.

Best Wishes,

Bud

Offline Natja

• View Profile
    • A Polyglot
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2012, 07:24:19 AM »
Lovely to see you are back Stead, I am glad things are improving. 
(((hugs)))
Наталья

Offline Deorccwen

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • A PolyGlot
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2012, 12:45:50 PM »
Great to see you back, Steady!

Offline TamBabs

• I am not single.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2012, 10:05:40 AM »
Thanks Bud for passing on my message! Hugs for you and Dee!!
Glad the school was saved Deorccwen! Must be SUCH a relief for you!
Nice to see you back Steady! Hope you're doing ok. Hugs to the family! I know, it may take awhile to give everyone a hug ;)
Hey Nat... 2 is a wonderful age isn't? check Skype.

Today is my day off, and I had nothing pressing, so I decided to stay home! Groceries and anything else can wait for once! lol. I now work 3 or 4 days a week (Still 12 hour shifts though), but been busy with appointments and more.

As a caregiver, the family I work for has been in staffing crisis, while going through medical issues, funding changes, doctor changes etc. Sometimes, the stress is so high, I'm sure I could scoop it with a spoon. I've been their only constant through all this. But, my bad back of the past several months has given them other issues that they've needed to work on. It is very difficult to leave the negativity at work. I'm trying.

Poor Gas... he's such a patient man. He's been holding down the fort here at home while I'm working.

Hoping that as the winter weather settles in (We've already had snow fall, luckily it hasn't stayed, yet), I'll get a bit more time to be here. I have too many projects on the go and need to do better time management. Quilting, writing a book, reading other books, scrapbooking, etc.

I have been productive, I finished a quilt block for a quilting challenge, and I'm nearly done Christmas shopping! (I hate driving in the snow, so prefer to get it done early). I also joined a writer's critique group (twice a month), which has helped me with my book, tremendously! Although I am doing a big re-write on the way I start it, before moving on, in the story.

That's me for the past bit!

Hugs!!

Offline DeeDee

• Global Moderator
  • Howdy!
    • View Profile
    • Older and Weiser
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2012, 09:18:06 PM »
yay! Glad to see some new posts! Tam, when will your book be published? So very exciting! Hope you find time to check in again soon!

hugs,

Dee

Facebook Comments