October 21, 2018, 04:56:17 AM

Author Topic: Any Suggestions or Advice for those New to the Idea of Poly? AP  (Read 2841 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poly Living
This is the place for those new to the idea of poly. However, I was wondering if the members of this community could help out. What suggestions or advice do you have for those new to the idea of poly?

By Antony

Offline TamBabs

• I am not single.
    • View Profile
Re: Any Suggestions or Advice for those New to the Idea of Poly? AP
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 09:33:15 AM »
Read these sections: The Brutal Truth; poly Mind and Life; and poly Communication. Very valuable information there. Then get to know folks here and post any questions you may have.

And Welcome to the board!

Offline DeeDee

• Global Moderator
  • Howdy!
    • View Profile
    • Older and Weiser
Re: Any Suggestions or Advice for those New to the Idea of Poly? AP
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 07:57:47 PM »
Tam, you are so right. Taking the time to read through the topics and educate oneself is a big first step.  Asking questions, as you noted, is another excellent way to increase one's knowledge about the many forms of poly.  There are so many views and stances about what is and isn't poly--it is all a matter of perspective and personal experience.

If nothing else, I hope those who visit this site develop a sense of understanding and tolerance for love beyond monogamy, and I hope those of us who are of the polygamous mindset are able to respect those who are of a monogamous mindset. I hope there are many great, thoughtful discussions to push us to look at ourselves and others differently.

Happy reading and happy interactions to all!

~DeeDee

Facebook Comments