August 08, 2020, 05:59:22 PM

Author Topic: What is Jealousy?  (Read 3548 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poly Living
What is Jealousy?
« on: April 22, 2012, 06:15:57 PM »
Before I comment on this, I would like to get everyone's thoughts on what they think jealousy is.

Admin

Offline Administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poly Living
Re: What is Jealousy?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 06:11:33 PM »
From my experience with feeling jealous in the past, jealousy is an intense emotion based upon negative thoughts and feelings of insecurity, anxiety, and fear about a potential or anticipated loss of someone or something one values. 
Reaching others with the polymindset more and more everyday!

Offline Bud

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 02:29:19 PM »
Stead,

I like how you defined jealousy.  When I first read the question "What do I think jealousy is?", I was at a loss.  I know I have felt jealous throughout my life, at different times, but I never really thought about what that meant.  I never recognized a reason for being jealous, I just felt those intense negative thoughts and feelings of insecurity, anxiety, and fear about a potential or anticipated loss of someone or something I valued, as you so aptly defined it!  Now with your definition, I can see and understand better those situations in which I felt jealousy.  Amazing how such few words can open one's eyes (and heart), bring about an understanding that was not there before.

I wish I could have commented before you posted your definition, but as I said, I was at a loss.  I had no idea how to define jealousy without going to a dictionary and giving you that definiton.  I do admit, I have a jealous bone...I am human.

Thanks!

Bud

Offline Administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poly Living
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 10:46:03 PM »
Thanks Bud.

Jealous always deals with a fear of loss. 

I find it interesting that even poly people, who want to be poly and love it, can and do feel jealousy.  I know I've often felt it very intensely.  It may not have been because I feared losing Antony or Jadez totally, but when another partner came along, things changed dramatically, so I lost what I once had with them.  I often felt myself mourning what I once had and fearing I would either never get it back or what came in its place would not be as valuable to me.

Blessings,

Steady
Reaching others with the polymindset more and more everyday!

Facebook Comments